We are seeking an outgoing, engaging optometric assistant/optical sales associate to join our team.
- The Optometric Assistant/Optical Sales Associate will provide a broad range of optical and practice service support as directed by the doctors.
- The Optometric Assistant/Optical Sales Associate will offer expertise in the dispensary areas of frame selection, lens design, and measurement, frame purchasing and inventory management as well as adjustments, repairs, payments and data collection.
- The Optometric Assistant/Optical Sales Associate duties are not limited to the list below and may cross over other departments when required and assigned by the doctors.
- Greet patients in a friendly and professional manner while building rapport.
- Assist patients with frame selection, styling, fitting, lens selection and measurements.
- Enter lab orders and accurate patient information as well as supply insurance forms and receipts.
- Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when eyewear is ready.
- Dispense, adjust and repair eyewear.
- Schedule follow up appointments as needed.
- Instruct patients on proper eyewear use and care of new eyeglass lenses.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve eyewear concerns and issues to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Maintain and order dispensary supplies as required.
- Liaise and coordinate with frame suppliers and develop an inventory management system for profitability and good turnover of product including frame returns and vendor selection.
- Merchandise dispensary and maintain cleaning procedures and standards.
- Monitor job status from optical labs and ensure accuracy and quality.
- Analyze pricing and products in relation to patient trends and competitor offers and make recommendations to the doctors.
- Assist the Leadership Team in the development of objectives and plans for ongoing dispensary activities and goals.
- Project future equipment and fixture dispensary needs if requested or needed.
- Track and report key revenue indicators and results as requested by the Leadership Team.
- Participate in personal and team development training and initiatives including staff meetings, continuing education and conferences.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, leadership team, suppliers and the general public.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures.
Responsibilities can change without notice, may be updated frequently and are not limited to the list above.
Monday 9am – 6pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour