An optometric practice in Fairview Mall in Toronto is looking for a medical receptionist to join their team. To start, the position will be 10-20 hours / week and include every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday). There will be some evening hours Monday to Friday as well. Optometric experience preferred.
· The Practice Receptionist primary objective is to act as the welcoming agent for the office through effective telephone presentation, live greeting and website communication.
· The Practice Receptionist will answer the telephone within a three ring cycle and direct calls to their destination as quickly as possible. Greeting patients, answering questions and inquiries, announcing patients for other departments, providing direction and information are also primary job objectives.
- Answer a high volume of calls and maintain a rapid response rate according to agreed-upon standards and training.
- Take accurate information from calls received (i.e.: book appointments) where required and transfer information or calls with speed and efficiency.
- Greet in office patients immediately in a courteous and friendly demeanour while building rapport with patients.
- Provide direction and information as required to in office patients and collect required health information prior to eye exam.
- Order and maintain office supplies as needed.
- Update electronic records, file patient files and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned by the Office Manager.
- Answer and maintain website inquiries for scheduling appointments and checking on orders, etc.
- Maintain patient records, third party billing and financial records and database as assigned.
- Participate in personal and team development training and initiatives including staff meetings, continuing education and conferences.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, leadership team, suppliers and the general public.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures.
Responsibilities can change without notice, may be updated frequently and are not limited to the list above.
Job Type: Part-time